Select Page

Château la Conseillante | Jean-Valmy Nicolas & Jean-Michel Laporte

Located in the heart of Pomerol on an outstanding terroir, Château La Conseillante is one of the most emblematic properties in the Bordeaux winegrowing area. 80 % of the vines that grow in this unique place, where the soils are predominantly made up of clay, are of the Merlot variety, which makes the wines round, deep and smooth. The remaining 20 % that grow in gravel soils are Cabernet Franc, which contribute structure and freshness to the blend.

The name of La Conseillante appears in the middle of 18th century. It was given by Mrs Catherine Conseillante, who ran the estate almost 300 years ago. In 1871, the Nicolas’ family bought the property, and it remains unchanged since this period. However, the quality could not have been expressed so regularly without the care and attention lavished on the 140 vintages produced here by generations of the Nicolas family, who have all directed the estate’s fortunes, while handing down and preserving its unique heritage. La Conseillante has a style unlike any other. Every vintage displays the characteristic bright, deep ruby colour. The bouquet develops a complex aromatic pallet of violets, liquorice, truffles and red berries. This wine stands out for its harmony, its elegance and its complexity.

www.la-conseillante.com

×