BurdiGala 2017 has partnered with the 501 (c)3 organization, Wine on Wheels of Wheeling Forward to draw awareness and build support for this cause.
The Wheeling Forward Charitable organization was founded by NYC Sommelier Yannick Benjamin and his co-founder, Alex Elgudin in 2011. The goal for these two individuals in creating Wheeling Forward is to help recently disabled people that lack a support system and resources to obtain the services they need. Through their own personal experiences, Yannick and Alex understand that disability impacts every person’s life differently and through their foundation, they are working to address each person’s diverse needs.
BurdiGala is featuring a live auction during the Gala Dinner that will feature the exceptionally generous donations from inspiring, talented and knowledgeable individuals, as well as various Châteaux, and our Premier Sponsor, Air France. Jeff Zacharia of Zachys will graciously perform this lively auction event – for more information please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lot 1: An intimate Journey to the Gems of Bordeaux and artisanal pizza with Mary Gorman MW and Chef Elizabeth Falkner of the Food Network (8 people in your own home).
An in-depth Private Bordeaux Wine Tasting with Master of Wine Mary Gorman-McAdams and celebrity Chef Elizabeth Falkner who will be your dynamic duo to create an ambiance of fun proving that Bordeaux and Pizza can be a perfect match! This is an intimate tasting and seminar for a group of up to 8 people in your own home.
Wines to be poured and including some surprises from the Master herself!
- Clos Floridène Blanc, Graves, 2014
- Château Malartic-Lagravière, Pessac-Léognan, Magnum 2010
- Château La Réserve de Léoville-Barton, Saint-Julien 2010
- Château Ducru-Beaucaillou, Le Petit Caillou, Saint-Julien 2008
- Château Pichon-Longueville Baron, Les Tourelles De Longueville, Pauillac 2011
- Château Rauzan-Ségla, Margaux, 1994
- Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande, Magnum Pauillac 2005
- Château Lafon-Rochet, Saint-Estèphe, Magnum 1976
Lot 2: La Rive Droite Quintet in double magnum Harmony
La Rive Droite Quintet is a rare offering of Saint Emilion’s most revered and sought after estates all bottled in double magnum. Each Chateau displaying the uniqueness and complexities that we have all come to admire from this special terroir.
- Château La Conseillante 1998 3L
- Château Canon 2005 3L
- Château Figeac 2009 3L
- Château Beau-Séjour Becot 2010 3L
- Clos Fourtet 2010 3L
Lot 3: The Infinite Dream of Wines: from Magnum (1.5L) to Nebuchadnezzar (15L)
Four of the most highly regarded Châteaux in the Left Bank have generously offered this unrivaled lot directly from their cellars.
- Magnum (1.5L) of Château Lafon-Rochet 1976, Saint-Estèphe, 4ème Grand Cru Classé
- Double Magnum (3L) of Château Lynch-Bages 2008, Pauillac, 5eme Grand Cru Classé
- Imperial (6L) of Château Giscours 2009, Margaux, 3eme Grand Cru Classé
- Nebuchadnezzar (15L) of Château Montrose 2014, Saint-Estèphe, 2eme Grand Cru Classé, 2014
Lot 4: Restaurant Marc Forgione and a Magnum-ficent night of Bordeaux (6pp)
The evening will feature the Chef’s Shared Menu at Marc Forgione Restaurant where a collection of their signature dishes are served and wines are paired and overseen by acclaimed Sommelier Matthew Conway.
- Château Palmer Vin Blanc De Palmer 2014, Magnum
- Château Malartic-Lagravière, Pessac-Léognan, 2010, Magnum
- Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande, Pauillac, 2005, Magnum
- Château Palmer, 2ème Grand Cru, Margaux 2000, Magnum
- Château Palmer Historical XIXth Century Blend L.20.06, Magnum
Lot 5: Chuck Close Print
Chuck Close Self-Portrait (Yellow Raincoat) 2014, archival watercolor pigment print on Hahnemuhle rag paper (30 x 24 inches; Edition 32/70; Unframed)
Chuck Close is responsible for reviving and modernizing the painted portrait in a time when abstraction had superseded representational art in popularity. American artist and photographer who became known for his large-scale photorealism portraits. He earned the National Medal of Arts in 2000. This is a rare opportunity to add to your collection one of America’s greatest artist and enjoy it with a great bottle of Bordeaux!
Credit line: Chuck Close in association with Magnolia Editions, Oakland
Lot 6: The Bordeaux Experience
Air France and top Chateaux of Bordeaux have come together to make this “The Ultimate Bordeaux Experience” for BurdiGala 2017.
Your trip will begin in comfort & style with 4 Business Class Air France tickets flying you from NYC to Bordeaux. The following Chateaux will welcome you and 3 guests for a private, guided tour and lunch/dinner.
You will visit the great Chateaux of Bordeaux with no limits and lodging that is considered the best of France. The following estates will provide a personal tour and offer a lunch or dinner:
- Château Giscours, Margaux (Lunch and visit)
- Château du Tertre, Margaux (Lunch and visit)
- Château Pichon Longueville Contesse de Lalande (Lunch and visit)
- Château Lafon Rochet, Saint Estèphe (dinner and visit)
- Château Pape Clement, Pessac Léognan (this is for 2pp) (dinner and Visit)
- Château Smith Haut Lafitte (this is for 2pp) (dinner and visit)
- Château La Conseillante, Pomerol (Visit)
- Château Figeac, Saint Emilion (Visit)
- Clos Fourtet, Saint Emilion (Visit)
- Château Beau-Séjour Becot, Saint Emilion (Visit)
Your lodging will include the following:
- 2 night 2pp at Château du Tertre, Margaux
- 1 night 4pp at Château Les Ormes de Pez, Pauillac
- 1 night 4pp at Château Lafon Rochet, Saint Estèphe
- 1 night 2pp at Château Pape Clement, Pessac Léognan
- 1 night 2pp at Château Château Smith Haut Lafitte, Pessac Léognan
Disclaimer for all Lots: All must be used within one date of the year purchased.